Thursday, December 11, 2008

"so, class, what do you know about police?"

today our local police officer is talking to the kindergarteners. as we were getting the children ready for the assembly we asked them what a police officer did. one of my little ones began chatting away about beers.

as they lined up to go he said, "mrs. lipstick, i know about police officers. they put you in jail if you drink too much beers. just like my daddy. he drank too much beers and so they put him in jail. and my mom was so mad. she said, 'i don't want to sleep in the room with you!' so he had to sleep on the, on the, what do you say, in the sala?"

"on the couch in the living room?"

"yeah, that. so my dad had to sleep on the couch until he stopped drinking beers. but he really likes beers. and when he drank beers his truck smelled like so many beers. and my mom went to the jail and said, 'get outta that jail!' and my uncle came from new york city and said, 'STOP DRINKING THOSE BEERS!'. my dad likes beers. i really missed him when he was in jail. there were three of them there, my uncle, another guy, and my dad. but only my dad went to jail. they put the handcuffs on him. did you know that the security officers can look like police men?
has that ever happened to you? that's my story. tell me your story."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is TOO precious. You know, in a warped kind of way. I'll have to remember to tell my husband that if he drinks too many beers. "Get outa that jail!" LOL